ILife V5 Pro Robot Vacuum is a really intelligent and smart robot cleaner out there in the market. It is a budget-friendly robot vacuum and V5 Pro is really good at what it does. The iLife V5 Pro is similar to the iLife V3 Pro, they both have a suction only port instead of a traditional spinning brush. The V5 Pro also has the option to attach a mop where the V3 doesn’t. It works both as a wet and dry robot vacuum cleaner.
ILife V5 Pro Accessories
- an adapter
- a charging base
- 2 additional HEPA filters
- 2 extra side brushes
- set of triple-a batteries
- a remote control
- a container for dry mopping
- a dust brush
- the User Manual
Here are some of the features of the ILife V5 Pro Robot Vacuum
V5 is really powerful than its previous model V3 and its some of its competitors. It had an airflow of 23 CFM on high power and 16 CFM on low power when measured with an anemometer which is greater than the Roomba s9 plus. Its debris picks up on hard floors was above average as well the extra power made it as good or better than a typical robot vacuum even in its low power setting.
Its airflow is less restricted than those others because it has a suction only port, so there’s no brush getting in the way of the air path. Its suction also seems much higher than average and it seems to line up with a V5 Pro promotional material regarding suction. V5 Pro does really good with the pet and human hair this is because it has a suction port and not the brush so it doesn’t get hair tangles. V5 Pro got all the hair into the bin which is why the suction only port exists.
It also works well with heavy debris like sand and the two side brushes didn’t scatter debris to badly. Its brushes are longer than usual and that they clean deeper into the corners than other round robot vacuums do.
Its battery life was also much better than average, iLife says that it can get between 110 and 120 minutes per charge. This type of battery life is really good as compared to its competitors. iLife V5 Pro is giving those same numbers with a much higher power output even in its low power at 16 CFM which is pretty powerful
V5 Pro is also a mop which you can attach a mopping pad to the bottom and replace the regular dry dustbin with a water bin which will slowly soak the mopping pad.
With navigation and coverage, the iLife V5 Pro is pretty good to keep. It is a random navigation robot meaning that it is more or less randomly bounces around to clean your house. Its random navigation algorithm is pretty good for a robot vacuum in this price range and also it was also quieter than average.
iLife makes some very reasonably priced robot vacuums and the V5 Pro is no exception it’s really inexpensive even for a budget robot vacuum.
- ILifeV5 Pro Robot Vacuum did not have a standard brush roll and it’s not going to be very good with carpets, it’s designed for people with hard floors.
- It’s also not great with dealing with carpets and rugs while mopping so you really need to prepare a room and physically block off the parts of the house that you don’t want the robot to mop. Basically, if you want to use the mop you need to do a lot of preparation work before.
- Another con is that the dry dustbin is pretty small and it’s kind of a pain to remove and empty.
- V5 Pro doesn’t come with inbuilt combo mob and dry bin, so you need to replace the dry bin with water bin to use the mob. But most of the robot vacuum mop combos allow you to dry and mop at the same time.
- Very Powerful
- Good Suction
- Auto Clean, Spot Clean, Edge Clean
- Remote Control
- Good Battery
- LifeMopping Feature
- Very Quit
- Anti-Collision System
- Better on Hard Floors
- No Standard Brush Roll
- Dry Dustbin is Small
- No Stuck Alarm
- No full cup Alert
Despite those negatives, ILife V5 Pro Robot Vacuum is really impressive. It’s designed for people with mostly hard floors and people who have a lot of pet hair to clean that’s where the V5 Pro shines. If you don’t have a lot of carpets and rugs we would not recommend the V5 Pro but we would say this is good at his price range.